Creamy Cashew Ranch
I don't think anyone of you would be surprised if I told you that I was kind of an odd kid. As a child I actually LOVED vegetables! My parents never had trouble getting me to eat broccoli, cauliflower, salad and the like. When it came to veggies, I was a BIG fan! Top those veggies off with ranch dressing, and you got yourself a real winner!
I'm very excited to introduce you to my my very creamy, oh so dreamy whole food ranch dressing. Packed with fibre, healthy fats, protein, and essential minerals (manganese, potassium, iron, zinc and selenium). Enjoy this dip with your favourite veggies!
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked and drained)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbs finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper (or more to taste)
- 2 tbs finely chopped chives
- 1 tbs finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh dill
- Soak cashews in boiling water for at least 1 hour. Drain and rinse.
- Add cashews, coconut milk, garlic, chopped onion, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a high speed blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into a small mixing bowl and fold in the chives, parsley and dill.
*This recipe is best for dipping, or as part of "Supreme Veggie bars". For a runnier, more pourable ranch, simply add a bit more coconut milk while blending.
** For best results refrigerate for at least one hour before serving to allow the flavours to develop.
*** Store in a well sealed mason jar in the fridge for up to 10 days.