Anyone who knows me will tell you I am a bit obsessed with the Holidays, the whole Christmas season. I love tart cranberries, fresh roasted nuts, and of course, EGGNOG! Alas, as a vegan faux nog can be hard to come by, but thankfully So Delicious has created the perfect non-dairy Nog made with coconut! WHOOP!
I set out to create healthy holiday recipes for you to try using this magical vegan nog. Starting with this HOLIDAY CHIA NOG PUDDING. try this one for breakfast on christmas morning! It's packed with protein, healthy fats (in the form of Omega 3 and 6) and fibre to fuel your holidays without the sugar crash associated with the usual holiday treats.
Try this recipe and see just how easy it is to enjoy dairy free whole foods this Christmas!
Holiday Chia Nog Pudding
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used almond but coconut would work well here too)
- 1 cup So delicious Holiday Nog
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Place chia seeds in a large mason jar (at least 1.5 pints).
- Add the milk, holiday nog, vanilla and nutmeg, and screw the lid on tightly.
- Shake well, and let stand on the counter for 20 minutes. Shake vigorously again and refrigerate overnight.
*Yeild- 4-6 servings